If you are looking for an opportunity to work with the cutting edge of thermographic technology, you will find yourself in good company as you will be assisting in complex and diverse projects across our broad client base.
Red Current Ltd is a company specialising in providing industry leading thermal imaging surveys for applications including electrical distribution inspections and assessing the thermal performance of new and existing buildings.
In this unique role you will be assisting with and gaining experience in conducting thermographic (thermal imaging) surveys for electrical, mechanical and building applications. The role will also require a significant involvement in the day-to-day management and operation of the company. The successful candidate will need to be extremely dynamic and highly motivated to learn new skills whilst pursuing company goals and objectives.
The role will take you through a structured 3 – 4-year programme that will combine on-the-job training whilst undertaking industry recognized thermography training and certification up to PCN/ITC Category 2.
Dependant on your current skills and qualifications, additional supplementary training may be provided in the form of an advanced modern apprenticeship, during which you will gain the following qualifications:
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Functional skills at Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT
- Personal learning and thinking skills
- Technical Certificate – BTEC Electrical/Electronic Engineering, HNC/HND and/or B.Eng (Hons) Engineering
- A National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) at Level 3 or 4 Engineering Apprenticeship
- Assist in undertaking thermographic surveys and report generation.
- Assist with the research and development of thermal imaging applications in support of the continuous improvement of our products and services
- Carry out maintenance on thermal imaging camera equipment
- Assist with enhancing our online presence using social media, website updates, advertising and email campaigns, etc
- Assist with the sales and marketing of thermographic surveys, camera sales and thermal camera hire.
- Assist in achieving the company's objectives associated with R & D, Quality, Sales Performance and Health & Safety
- Demonstrate an exceptionally professional approach to all operations when interfacing with customers.
- Represent Red Current at trade shows and networking events
The role would suit college or university leaver who:
- has excellent analysis and problem-solving abilities
- is physically fit for working in hot/cold conditions and working at height
- is able to work well individually and as part of a team
- has excellent attention to detail
- demonstrates an exceptionally professional attitude at all times
- able to work away from home and drive long distances
We will take your career seriously at Red Current, we will ensure you have a regular review cycle throughout the year and give you continuous feedback to allow you to grow and develop throughout your career.
Pay and Hours:
- 40 Hour Week
- Pay – £12.5K - £16.5K (based on experience) increasing incrementally to £30K on completion of programme objectives
Skills and qualifications:-
- GCSE Maths: Grade C, GCSE English Language: Grade C, GCSE Science: Grade C
- Full driving license
- GCSE Electronics, any recognised Electrical, qualification/training, any recognised Building Science qualification/training
- PCN/ITC Level 1 - Thermography
Required Work Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent IT skills
- Excellent working knowledge of software packages including Microsoft Word and Excel